Friday, May 20, 2022

MyTrueAncestry Walk-Through and Review, Part 1: Logging In

 One of the things I love about MyTrueAncestry.com,is that can usually log into it more quickly than other websites. As soon as I click its "LOG IN" link, a pop-up window appears with my user I.D. and password pre-loaded; I click th "LOG IN" button on this, and the page page logs me in immediately. 

...As opposed to other pages, such as FamilyTreeDNA.com, Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, WikiTree.com, et al.

When I'm not logged in, and I go to MyTrueAncestry.com, I see two phrases near the upper, right corner of the page:  "LOG IN" and "SIGN UP." When I'm logged in, I see a page with their logo (see above) near the upper, left corner, and a row of six tabs across the top:

  1. Results
  2. Civilizations
  3. Populations
  4. Royalty
  5. DNA Testing
  6. FAQ
Down the page, eight sections are listed - one for each of the DNA files I've uploaded. Another section, below the others, allows me to upload or create eight more sections like the ones above, for a total of fifteen, if I pay for an upgrade. Each section has a list of nine links, which are the "Results": 
  1. Analysis Summary
  2. Maps
  3. Regional Archaeogenetics
  4. Haplogroup Analytics
  5. DNA Spotlight
  6. Timelines
  7. PCA Plots
  8. Genetic Social Groups
  9. Additional Features

In the spirit of saving the best for last, I'm skipping the "Results" to first describe the contents of the other tabs. ...Starting with "Civilizations."

________________________________________

Blog post by William Mortensen Vaughan

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment